Our NEW Calming Corner Kit comes with everything you need to set up your first Calming Corner at home or in your Secondary classroom!
What is a Calming Corner Kit?
A Calming Corner Kit is a set of supports that help guide students through the regulation of their emotions. The kit provides the student the opportunity to identify their emotions, practice breathing techniques, redirect their emotions and lastly the opportunity to reflect. Students are guided through the process of self-regulation using safe and appropriate outlets.
Who is the Calming Corner Kit for?
A calming kit can be used for any student, not just students identified as having special needs. Calming Corner Kits can support any student who finds it difficult to navigate through their emotions throughout their day. The supports found in the Calming Corner Kit can help students become more independent in the regulation of their emotions and the actions that follow heightened emotions. It is important to remember that emotions affect all students, and even teachers.
Each kit comes with a facilitation guide to answer all of your lingering questions, and to help you teach your child to use the space.
- 1 Self-guided Breathing posters
- 1 Interactive Grounding poster
- 1 5 Steps to Calm Instruction poster
- 1 Dry Erase Clipboard with double-sided “thought-card” with 3 reflective questions on the back.
- 1 dry eraser maker & eraser
- 1 Sensory & Fidget tools: 1 Flour stress ball, 1 Liquid motion timer, 1 infinity cube, 1 Fidget popper, 1 Mesh Marble, 1 Magic Pad
- 1 Calming Corner facilitation resource guide
- 1 Personalized Calming Corner header
- 1 portable breathing technique card